Thursday, January 16, 2014

18 weeks


Dear baby,
You've been growing in my belly for a little over 18 weeks now. It doesn't seem like it's been very long, but we're almost half way there already until I get to hold you in my arms! Me and your dad and Owen are so excited to meet you! Actually, Owen doesn't know about you yet, but I think he'll understand soon. I can't wait to see him with you! I hope you two are best friends! And your sweet dad has been so excited for you, I know you're going to adore him, just like me and Owen do. 
Right now you are about the size of a sweet potato and you're learning how to hiccup, swallow, suck and yawn. Baby yawns are my favorite, it makes my heart melt just thinking about it! You're also twisting and kicking around in there. I felt you kick for the first time a little over a week ago and I've been feeling you more and more every day since then. I can't wait until they become strong enough for your dad to feel you, too. Lately you're making me crave anything citrus.. Orange juice, grapefruit, orange julius... And milk! I love a big glass of milk lately! Regular and chocolate. I don't think you're going to be a big fan of wheat bread, though. Even before I took a pregnancy test I couldn't stand the thought of anything wheat!
You are such a miracle, little one, and I feel so blessed to be able to hold you in my tummy while you grow. 
I love you like crazy already,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can totally see that baby bump... I just wear baggy clothes too much lol.

      Delete