Monday, July 1, 2013

Time for an update

The other day I was talking with my friend, Jeni, who just had a baby and I realized there are a lot of things that I have already forgotten. Like when we put Owen in his own room, or when he rolled over for the first time (yikes!) 
It made me really sad because I want to remember all those little details! So here is what Owen is up to these days, so when I forget I can look at this and remember :)
Owen at 15 months:

-still not walking... But he loves to stand up. He only stands up for a few seconds at a time because he thinks it is soo funny when he falls down. 

-I feel like he is saying new words every day! It is crazy to me how he catches on to things we say. I think his first official word was kitty. It was, and still is, more of just a spitting sound but you can tell he knows its for kitty.  He says "nana" (banana) "momma" "dada" "eyes" "side" (outside) "uh-oh" "uh-uh"(no) 
He knows the sounds for dog ("wu-wu-wu") duck, chicken, and my favorite ghost and witch. We are working on cow and goat but he gets a little confused. And he loves to make car and motorcycle noises. 

-he sleeps from around 8-7:30 every night and naps from around 12-3. He is so good to be put in his crib and go to sleep on his own. He hardly ever falls asleep in the car, no matter how tired he is. 



-he likes playing with his toy cars but mostly he just loves playing outside. We have a bin of water in our backyard that he LOVES to splash in. 


-he's a really picky eater. Pretty much all he eats is almost any kind of fruit, toast, pancakes, and hotdogs. We try to sneak in vegetables but he is a smarty. He loves the little pouches of baby food so we try to get the ones with lots of veggies. 

-he knows how to blow kisses, but he doesn't do it very often. He likes to point at my eyes. He loves to wave at everyone he sees. 

-he has turned into such a daddy's boy. He cries and cries every time daddy leaves the house :( 

He is just so much fun, this is definitely my favorite age so far! He is so happy and playful and curious about everything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment