Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July

This holiday was a fun one. We started the day out by going to my family's for breakfast. We do that a lot on holidays, don't we? Us Menlove's love breakfast :) Clark and I went on a little bike ride around springlake with a bike my dad just bought in KSL. It had been a loooong time since I'd been on a bike, it was nice!  

Then we headed up Payson Canyon to Maple Lake. We brought the canoes and the boys did some fishing. Clark was excited to try out his new fishing gear from Father's Day. Owen had so much fun! And got so dirty! That boy needs to walk so his little hands and knees can stay a little cleaner. 

We finished off our 4th of July with a BBQ of ribs, potato salad, fruit, and homemade ice cream at my Grandma's. then it was off to bed for Owen pants and a movie for us. No fireworks this year. We thought about waking Owen up and driving to Provo to watch the stadium of fire fireworks but decided not to, I think he would have loved them. We'll just have to wait for the onion days fireworks in a couple months. 

I feel like the topic of freedom has a different meaning now that I have my little Owen, as with most topics I think. Your thought process really changes when you become responsible for someone besides yourself. Especially when you love that someone more than anything. I feel so blessed to live in the time that we do. To have the freedom to do what we want. To raise our children how we want. To be able to go the church that we want and show what we believe. I feel eternally grateful to anyone and everyone who helped make that possible. I hope everyone had as good a holiday as we did! 



^^ he loves grandpa. And I love how they're doing the same thing with their hands in this one. 


^^like I said, Owen got sooo dirty crawling around. 


^^ dad and Bren 






^^ starting him young. 


^^ I wish I was as pretty as my sisters. 


^^ lookin so happy to be there ;)


^^ the only way we could get him to be happy on the canoe was bribing him with treats. 






No comments:

Post a Comment