Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Owen Turns 2!

Last week we celebrated Owen pants second Birthday! I can't believe my little baby boy is growing up so fast! I'll tell ya, things get so fun once they start kind of knowing what's going on. We talked about his Birthday for weeks getting him hyped up talking about balloons and candles and presents. On his Birthday he was so excited. All day he kept singing "Happy to you! Happy dear Owen!" 

 
 
We had a fun day with Gracie. We went to the park and had a picnic. We may have had too much fun with the candles and put them in everything he ate that day... and lit them more than once for him to blow out. By the time we were ready for the real deal he was all practiced up. But it still took him a minute to start blowing, I think he was amazed because we turned out the lights and the candles were so bright :)

 
 

We decided to keep his Birthday party simple this year, since he doesn't have a lot of friends yet, and most of them are under a year old. We just invited immediate family over for pizza and cupcakes. Owen LOVED having people over to his house and for all the attention to be on him. But when is it not? You should should have seen his face when he saw Brenna, the first person, to show up. He couldn't even talk he was so excited! He couldn't wait for the presents. We could hardly pull him away from them to eat dinner. He was so cute opening them. He wanted to play with everything right away. He gave everyone a big hug after opening their present. And boy did he get spoiled! New hot wheel cars, wedgits, a play bus, new big trucks, a new summer outfit, a new quilt from Grandma Drishinski and a scooter! He's not sure how he feels about the scooter yet, but I'm hoping this summer he'll get into it. I wish I could have captured the look on his face when everyone started singing to him, it was pure bliss.
I can't even imagine how I lived life before Owen. He has brought so much love and life to me and Clark. We are so glad he has given us the gift of parenthood, and we couldn't have asked for a better son :)
And I'm so sad my new phone camera sucks so bad! So sorry about all the crappy pictures :(
and p.s. How did I not get a picture of Hannah and Ty Ty? They were there too, promise.

 
 
  
 
 
Owen bud,
I can't believe you are two!! You are growing up so fast, and I am in love with the boy you are growing into. You are stubborn. When you get you're mind set on something there is no telling you otherwise. Like when I try to convince you the juice is orange and you give me a look like I have no idea what I'm talking about and say "no, lellow juice" You are getting so talkative. You are always chattering, and most the time I can figure out what you're saying. Some of my favorite things that you say are "yeah, okay! Good idea!" Whenever we finally get what you are saying, like we were the ones to come up with it in the first place. You always say "momma get it" when you are feeling too lazy to get something yourself, or when your nose or bum itches. "Bum bum itchy. Momma get it" hahaha. I love how you think you can count by saying "one, three, one... three, one!" But you actually do know all your colors. You are seriously such a smarty pants And those cheeks!! Everyone told me they'd be gone before I knew it, but I'm so glad you've held on to them so far. There's not a single person I've met that doesn't just dies over them. I love your run, you sure know how to get those hips moving! You keep me and your dad laughing all day. You love playing hide and seek. You hide and say "Momma where ah you?" You love lining up your cars. You love getting chased by your daddy. You love your kitty. I hope you never lose your enthusiasm for life. You are always so happy, and I can't help but be happy when I'm with you. You make me the luckiest mom, I wish I could tell you all that you mean to me, but there aren't enough words. I hope you had the Best Birthday.
Love you forever and ever,
Mom
 
Putting Owen to bed for the last time as a one year old


1 comment:

  1. Aw, Owen Pants, the Parkers wish that we could have been there to say Happy Birthday to you! We love you. Benson Boy can't wait to play with his favorite cousin in just a few months!

    ReplyDelete