Sunday, March 30, 2014

28 Weeks


 
 
Hello baby boy GIRL,
So we went to the doctor this week and found out that what we thought was a little boy at 20 weeks is actually a sweet baby girl! I guess you didn't give us a good enough view last time.
I was shocked when we found out you were a boy, and I'm shocked again to find out you are a little girl! I couldn't be more excited, though. I always had a feeling you were a girl and now it just makes sense why I couldn't bring myself to order those boy blankets on Amazon or pick out the fabric for your baby quilt.  It's taking some getting used to switching all my thoughts back to a girl. Girl clothes, girl names, girl colors. But it all makes me so excited!
It all makes more sense why these two pregnancies have been so different, too. From the beginning it kept pointing to girl because everything has been opposite from when I was pregnant with Owen. I got sicker at the beginning. With Owen my skin was so clear the whole time and this time my face has been a wreck! I got headaches in the first trimester, which I didn't get with Owen. And I've been getting pains in my back, tailbone, and hips which didn't happen with Owen. So I guess it's all been different, and not for the better! It's oh, so worth it, though! I guess there's no guarantee, though, until we see you in person. I will be so happy either way!
We got some good views of your cute little face on the ultrasound screen, and it makes me all the more excited to meet you! It looks like you're getting some pretty cute cheeks, we'll see how they compare to your brothers. The doctor says everything looks good and you are growing just how you should be.  
You've mellowed out a lot with the kicking. I feel you move every so often but hardly ever big kicks, maybe your going to be mellow like your big brother was. Your Aunt Brenna will be disappointed if she doesn't get to feel you kick either, though! So maybe you could move around a little bit when we're with her one of these days?
At 28 weeks your the size of 2 pound eggplant! Since the last post, you have learned your directions and can tell if your upside down or rightside up. You're upside down right now and the doctor says you'll most likely stay that way. I hope that's comfortable! Your eyes can open and close, and your lungs are developed enough that you could probably breathe on your own if you came early. Let's keep you cooking a while longer though, okay?
Love you always,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Ally! What a fun surprise! And yay for little girl's...one of each is so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so crazy. I didn't think this happened any more. Congratulations on a little girl, let's hope it stays that way now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me either, katja!! Especially thinking a girl is a boy! But we got a sevond ultrasound with a technician and she said girl too, so we're pretty positive!

      Delete