Sunday, February 23, 2014

Conference Weekend

I found this in my drafts and figured it's better late than never to post it, right?? ...
 












 
Conference weekend was great, like always.
 
On Saturday we got Carl's jr. breakfast and ate it while watching the first session. Then we all went and got our haircut (I chopped mine!), came home and put Owen down for a nap, and watched the second session while snuggling in bed and eating left over Café Rio. That night, we went to my family's house and while the boys went to priesthood the girls worked on some fall and Halloween crafts, then we met up with the men for dinner at Los Amigos. 

On Sunday we went to my family's house and had a yummy breakfast. I made cinnamon rolls to keep Clark's family tradition going. In between the sessions we took a walk around Springlake and fed the ducks.  After the second session we made some yummy kabobs for dinner. 

It was a great weekend filled with family and sweet words of the gospel. Its crazy how you can listen to a talk and know it was written just for you. I'm so thankful for the words of the prophet and for the knowledge that it comes straight from our loving Heavenly Father. He really does know us and knows what we  need. And that knowledge brings so much peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment