Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas this year was so so fun! Every holiday is more fun with kids, but especially Christmas. It's so fun to watch them get so excited leading up to Christmas Day and then watching them open presents and love everything (well not everything. Owen didn't even finish unwrapping the clothes ones. As soon as he'd see what it was he'd start looking for the next present to open.) Nora obviously had no idea what was going on but Owen is at such a fun age. He would shake with excitement every time we'd bring up Santa. And then on Christmas morning he was so excited when he saw that Santa had come. I wish I would have videoed him waking up. It was the cutest thing ever. 

On Christmas Eve we had the annual party at Grandma and Grandpa Menlove's. The kids played a white elephant game and then everyone opened gifts from Grandma and Grandpa. Then we went to my family's house and hung out.. We really need to start some new Christmas Eve traditions because it was pretty boring! My dad read a pretty cute Christmas book. It was called something about the red rider? Anyway, on Christmas we woke up early and opened presents. The main gifts were a big dump truck for Owen, a doll and lots of clothes for Nora, a camping chair and binoculars for Clark, and a massage pillow for me (Clark's way of getting out of giving me massages. Ha!) and a big car raceway thing for "the family" (aka for Owen), plus lots of other little things. We met at my aunt Loris for breakfast where Brenna won a hundred bucks (it should've been us!!) and then we spent the rest of the day at my family's house, eating, watching movies and building a snowman. We had the whitest Christmas! I am not the biggest fan of snow, but that day it was wonderful! Next year, I swear I'm going to have allll shopping and wrapping done at least a week before Christmas so I can avoid any nervous breakdowns. Sorry, Clark! But all in all, it was a pretty incredible Christmas. I have the best family. I am so blessed with this wonderful life I have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment