Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ohio!

Back at the end of November Owen and I went to Ohio with my mom to visit Amy and her cute little family. I was really nervous about traveling with a baby and being away from Clark for the first time, but my mom helped so much and we had so much fun! The way there we had a layover in Denver. The first flight was pretty hard. There wasn't enough seats for Owen's carseat and the whole time he was tired and anxious and just wanted to move. The second flight was better. He napped for the first little bit. The trip home was a lot easier. He napped for he whole first flight and half of the second. But after he woke up he had the biggest blow out of his life. I had to take him into he tiny bathroom on the plane and put him on the tiniest changing table ever, which he hated. I only had two wipies left to try to clean him all up and then I didn't have a change of clothes for him so he had to go the rest of the trip in only his diaper and jacket. It was terrible, and so embarrassing!

Ohio was so much fun! Owen loved every minute of it. He loved his cousins. I've never heard him laugh so much as he did watching Kaleigh and Lily play.

He didn't sleep very well at all! I think it was a combination of not being in his own bed and sharing a room with me and my mom. I felt bad for my mom getting woke up so much, but she was great at helping out and didn't complain at all :)

My new nephew, Benson, was such a perfect baby. I only heard him cry a couple times the whole week we were there. He would sit in his bouncy seat and put himself to sleep and didn't even cry when he woke up. He is the cutest baby with the cutest little scrunched up face and so much black hair!! I can't wait until him and Owen are older. They will be best cousins and have so much fun playing in the tree house their grandpa made them :)

I just have to give a shout out to my brother-in-law, Jeff, he is awesome! He is such a good dad and Husband. He did so much to help Amy while we were there. I hope Clark is as good as he is when we have our third baby :)



Me and Owen on his first ever plane ride






Meeting Benson


Owen could crush him.




Owen had such a blast with his cousins.


A little dark, but Lily was so excited to have a fire in her backyard to roast hot dogs.




On their way to church


They have the best Grandma




Making Gingerbread houses


Lily's Gingerbread house.


Kaleigh's house.


    
I love this little guy!




























2 comments:

  1. Please come back! We loved having you and Owen here. If we were in the same state we would party like that all the time. Someday! And, PS, Jeff really is a good dad and wife :) Did you write that on purpose or were you thinking about when Aiden said "you know, cousin Phil! Amy's Wife!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I'm embarrassed. I totally meant husband. He is a good husband to his wife.
    You are the good wife, and mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete