Saturday, January 3, 2015

Owen Lately

Ok so I wrote this back in January so so much of this has changed already, but there ya go...


I wanted to do a little update on Owen pants. You know, since I have so many posts to catch up on like Christmas and New Years... So here is what Owen has been up to:
:: He is so smart. He knows all his ABCs and all the words to SO many songs (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Old MacDonald, The Farmer in the Dell, Row Your Boat, You Are My Sunshine... And that's just to name a few!)
:: And he can pick out a few of the letters from the alphabet (like O, H, W, L...)
:: He is completely obsessed with tractors and knows all the different names (has for a while... Like over a year probably) I never thought I would know the difference between a front end loader, back hoe, skid loader, dump truck and fork lift. Or what the heck an excavator even is. 
:: He continues to be the pickiest eater ever. I get so bored of going through the 4 things he will eat for every single meal. peanut butter sandwich, mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, toast, peanut butter sandwich, mac n cheese, nuggets, toast, repeat... 
:: He has been interested in our "other names" lately. Every once in a while he'll get caught calling me Ally. The other day he asked if he could paint a picture for Wade (Grandpa). And he keeps asking us what everyone's other name is. 
:: He is losing his baby fat (which makes me so sad!) It makes him look like a big kid!
:: He walks down, and sometimes up, the stairs like a big kid. None of this crawling down backwards business anymore!
:: He loves nursery and story time at the library. He's even starting to venture off from my side and sit with the other kids. 
:: Owen is seriously such an easy going kid (well, usually. We all have our moments) we get comments everywhere we go about how well behaved he is. 
:: He loves his routine. He asks me what we will be doing in the morning ("what we doing today, momma?") and then he'll repeat it all day long "breakfast, play with toys, library, nap, then go to Grandmas.."
:: Loves cleaning! Give him a wet rag and he can be entertained for hours! 

Well there you have it! Owen is a real, bonafide kid lately and it blows my mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment